Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Strange problem with Reverb & Chorus sends!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Matthijs Hebly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 3rd, 2001
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Hello everyone,

    I've encountered a strange problem with my
    EWS64XL (it may have been there all the time,
    but it was not until very recently that I
    started using the EWS64XL seriously):

    It seems the Reverb input is driven by just
    the LEFT WavePlay-channel (the problem is
    there regardless of what virtual channel I
    use), and the Chorus input is driven by just
    the RIGHT wavePlay-channel! (Outputs of the
    effects are stereo as they should be).
    Please notice: this is JUST the case with
    WavePlay, NOT with MIDI or Audio-in!
    Of course both the Reverb and the Chorus
    should be fed with a MIX from left and right
    WavePlay-channels!

    What is wrong here?!? Please help!
    I need this fixed :-(

    Greetings from Vienna, Austria :-)

  2. #2
    Inactive Member eelco's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 25th, 2001
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have noticed that the reverb is indeed driven by just the left channel, I think that this is because the ews-reverb works like many cheap reverbs do: they use only one input channel. and unfortenately the ews uses the left channel instead of a mix of both channels, which is very regrettable.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Matthijs Hebly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 3rd, 2001
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    Hello Eelco,

    you wrote:
    > ...indeed driven by just the left channel,
    > I think that this is because the ews-
    > reverb works like many cheap reverbs do:
    > they use only one input channel.

    Thanx very much for your reply.

    First of all: It surprises me that someone
    else has the same problem! I really thought
    something/someone fucked up my card or
    firmware. To me it is incomprehensable that
    TerraTec builds a card with such good
    features and then make this mistake in the
    signalrouting (and a mistake it really is)!

    Secondly: Why does JUST the WavePlay-channel
    have this problem, and not the MIDI- or
    Audio-In-channel?!? With these to,
    everything is alright, the Reverb is fed
    with a MIX of left and eight (MOD-channel I
    do not know, I don't use that).

    Thirdly: If all EWS64XL's have this problem,
    why hasn't anyone noticed it until now?

    It all seems very strange to me, and it's a
    pity, because the Reverb could be useful
    on some occasions, it's certainly no high-end
    Reverb, but not so bad as some people are
    saying (IMHO).

    Maybe there are some people out there
    reading this, who might have a solution?
    TerraTec?

    Groetjes from a suddenly very spring-like
    Vienna! Makes me feel like taking my
    acoustic guitar and play out there in the
    sun!

    Matthijs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •